What I did today:
1. Implement rotation-based factorial HMM (40 minutes)
2. Work out details of different mass-adjustment schemes; it seems that the right thing to do is to have a function which is the mass assigned to b under the model assumed by a, and that this function has to have a non-negative Mobius inverse. (1 hour 15 minutes)
3. Plan and implement one such scheme (35 minutes, although there appear to be at least some issues with this scheme)
4. Attend Arun’s talk (1 hour)
5. Understand why current HMM model has problems; I think I’ve confirmed that it’s due to some events dominating other events in probability. (20 minutes)
I’ve noticed in general that it’s difficult to work immediately after playing frisbee; I should find a way to counteract this, perhaps caffeine will work.